I was checking my Facebook, just like I do every morning, and a friend had linked me a page that had easy to make lemon bars that only call for two ingredients. Awesome! Not only do they have a lemon bar recipe, but they have easy to make doughnut and strawberry fudge recipes. How cool is that?! I’ll share the lemon bars and doughnuts, but you can find them, and the strawberry fudge recipe here.
First off, the lemon bars!
– You’ll need one box of angel food cake mix,
and a 22 ounce can of lemon pie filling.
– You can also use powdered sugar if you want to!
– Preheat the oven to 350°F
– Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray
– Mix the cake mix and pie filling in a large bowl
– After mixing well, put into pan
– Bake for 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned
– Let cool, and sprinkle with powdered sugar!
Secondly, the doughnuts!
– You’ll need vegetable oil to fry them.
– 1 (8 count) can of jumbo buttermilk biscuits
– Doughnut glaze, but it is optional! The recipe will be below, if you want the glaze
you’ll need to make it before hand!
– Frying the doughnuts –
– Put 3-4 inches of veggie oil in a medium pot.
– Heat to 360°F
– While the oil heats up, pull out the biscuit mix and cut out the centers of each one. (you can use those for doughnut holes!)
– Fry the doughnuts and doughnut holes in the oil for about 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides
– Try not to fry them all at the same time!
– Dip into glaze.
– The glaze –
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
– In a small bowl whisk all of the ingredients together
– If it’s too thick add a little more heavy cream, if it’s too thin add a little more powdered sugar!
~ ☼ ~
Thanks for reading!
All credit goes to Sheknows!